Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Wet Thai - Kayu Ara

We came back from Genting at night (we be blogging about Genting in my next post), and Emay recommended this new Thai restaurant in Kayu Ara. When I reached there, I notice is A Wet Thai, a name that is not unknown to my dictionary. My friends have good reviews on A Wet Thai in Puchong, and I was so eager to try it out.


The restaurant compound is big, divided into air-con and non-aircon area. We chose  to dine al-fresco. Our tired looking face:








Meang Kam (RM14)
Susee never try Meang Kam before, so we ordered it. Although I am not a fan of Meang Kam (was introduced to this dish by Nicole few years and I don't really fancy about), I can eat a few pieces of it. It was a refreshing dish with all the "raw materials" and sauce to go with the leaf. Susee loves it.




Thai Deep Fried Kang Kung (RM12)
We Chinese have fried kailan (and I love it), A Wet Thai has friend Kangkung! Sort of like tempura kangkung. It came with a dipping sauce that is made of a few ingredients, minty and spicy yo. The dish was not that oily despite that kangkung was deep-fried. I can't stop myself from eating this dish and even use my hands to take it (pardon me, my friends).


Tomyam Seafood soup (RM10)
We ordered a bowl of tomyam soup and it came in a big bowl, more than enough for 3 of us (we get to have 2 bowls each). It was filled with ingredients such as prawns, squid and mushrooms. It was sour and spicy, a very good combination.

Pandan Chicken (RM3 per piece)


Couldn't take a photo of the unwrapped chicken as I unwrapped the pandan leaves with my hands. This is a MUST-ORDER dish! The pandan chicken is not your usual pandan chicken that you have in other Thai restaurant. A Wet Thai's version has strong flavour and packed with aroma! Love it! Love it! Love it!

Thai style pumpkin steamed egg (RM8)


Lastly, we ordered pumpkin steamed egg to share among us. Honestly speaking, I find the flavour a bit weird, maybe I am not used to this type of taste. Would prefer my mom's steamed egg.

We had a great time dining there.  The tables outside was quite high though. For shorty like me and susee, we have to change to another type of chairs for us to eat comfortably. Nevertheless, I truly love this Thai restaurant and its affordable pricing.


A Wet Thai
Lot 13544, Jln Cempaka
Kampung Kayu Ara,
47400 Petaling Jaya


Tiny Ratings:
Food: 8/10 
Ambiance: 6/10
Service: 7.5/10

1 comment:

Awet Thai said...

Hi Tiny Vixen,

Thank you for your patronage at Awet Thai :)

We shared your blog post on our Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/AwetThai

Nuffnang

Pages