Friday, December 30, 2011

Marufuku Jaya One

It was raining Friday night and I decided to use the deal I bought from Hahah for dinner. I have heard great reviews on Marufuku udon, that prompted me to purchase this deal. It was RM22 for 2 person.
#1 Edamame

We are digi users, as such we get to have the edamame for free. It was quite a big portion. This is the first time I noticed that the actual dish is bigger portion than the one shown in the picture.
#2 Kaarage (3 pieces of Japanese chicken nugget)
Lots of people rave about their Kaarage and I have high hopes on it. The coating was really flavourful with a tint of ginger, pepper and spices. I really would love to finish the whole plate but the oiliness put me off. If it was not so oily, I would have order an extra plate of this. I think this is their must-have dish as I spotted this kaarage on every table! 
#3 Yakitori (2 sticks)

We get to choose 2 yakitori out of 8 different types of yakitori. The restaurant offer yakitori of various parts of the body. We chose the conventional one: black pepper chicken and soya sauce chicken. The soya sauce chicken yakitori was really good! Boy boy said it was sweet but to me it was really tasty. It is better than Kushi Q. The black pepper yakitori was nothing to shout about.

#4 Big Nabe hot pot

Now this is the star of the night. It came in a big claypot with various ingredients such as fresh vege, tofu, chicken and udon (udon came in a seperate bowl). The fish broth was not thick but it has all the essences of the ingredients. It made us keep on drinking the broth! For me who like to eat thick flavoured food, I would gladly say that I love this Nabe.

Oh, did I forgotten about the udon? which the restaurant is famous for. We poured the udon into the claypot and cook it for a minute. The udon has a spingy texture and it was good.

 
#5 Dango Japanese dessert

Red bean is not my favourite food, so I can't really comment on this. It was just so-so.


During our dining period, we were served well by the waitress. She patiently explained to us what the deal includes and what are the options. She cleaned our table once we finished the food. She refill our green tea without us asking. When we wanted to leave, she asked how was the food and I delightfully told her that the Nabe was delicious. Now, that's what I called GOOD SERVICE!

We would definately come back here to try out their other varieties.
Marufuku Jaya OneUnit L-18-G-1, Ground floor,
Palm Square, Jaya One,
72 A, Jalan Universiti,
46200 Petaling Jaya.
Tiny Ratings:
Food: 8/10
Ambiance: 6/10
Service: 8/10

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages