Friday, November 4, 2011

Bali: Tanah Lot

Approximately 1 week before my departure to Bali, I panic-ly searched for a Bali personal driver. After going through some of the personal driver website and sent 3 emails to inquire about the prices. I finally chose Mr Made Piring. The reason I chose him was because he gave suggestions on my itinerary. I didn't have much time to plan my Bali trip as I was quite busy during that period. Furthermore, Boy boy wanted a relaxing trip and I wanted a sight seeing trip. So I have divide the time to 50% sight seeing and 50% free and easy, which was quite challenging for a 4 days 3 nights trip.

After many emails with Mr Made for the next 3 days, finally I met him in Bali airport. He greeted us with a big smile (which was his signature smile btw) and a warm welcome. He speaks very good English and very friendly.

It was 4pm by the time we reached Tanah Lot. We chose a restaurant to have our very late lunch. I chose Nasi Campur while Boy boy chose Nasi Goreng.

IMG_2886

IMG_2888

Both tasted funny to me. Maybe I am not into Balinese food. But nevertheless, it did fill up my hunger.

Entrance to the Tanah Lot. Have to pay a small entrance fee.
IMG_2859

It is located beside the sea.
IMG_2870

Very strong wind and wave.
IMG_2882

Waiting for the sun to set.
IMG_2891

More posey photo.
IMG_2893

The Tanah Lot Temple, which is located on top of the sea.
IMG_2875

Pose with the temple.
IMG_2912

Towards 6pm, there are a lot of people gathered to see the sunset. We chose a place high up and waited for the sunset. To my disappointment, the sun set behind the clouds, and not at the sea borderline. Hm..... a bit sad.
IMG_2928

After the sun set completely, we left the place and Mr Made sent us to our hotel in Ubud. Will write about our hotel, Y Resort later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i want to know how much does Mr Made charge?

He's ur personal driver for 4 days?

siewmun said...

Hi, Mr Made charges IDR400,000 per day.

I engaged him for 2 days only.

Anonymous said...

Hi Siew Mun,

So u do not need a driver for the two other day?

IDR400,000 includes petrol and everything?

siewmun said...

The other 2 day was free and easy at Kuta, so we doesnt need a driver.

IDR400,000 for 8 hours, include petrol but not the entrance fees to the places.

Nuffnang

Pages