Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yut Kee - Dang Wangi

Got some free tickets from Nuffnang, so PY and I went to their office on Friday lunch time. Their office is so happened to be at Dang Wangi, and you know what food is famous there? YUT KEE! The ever so famous shop that serve Roti Babi, Pork Chop and Roast Pork Roll (Siu York). But according to numerous blog reviews, they say that roti babi and roast pork roll always sold out by 12.30pm. =.="

After collecting the tickets, we reached Yut Kee around 1.15pm and indeed, it was a lot of people waiting. Fret not, you just need to tell the boss how many person you have, then he will arrange accordingly. He will not forget about you, so don't worry.

We were seated 3minutes later, which was fast! I think because other people have like 5-6 persons. We placed our orders for Roti Babi, Pork Chop and Dry Beef Noodles. Ya, their Siu Yok was sold out.

IMG_1132

The food was served 5 minutes later. With very high expectation, we ate the Roti Babi (RM8) first. By the look of PY, I know something is not right. The moment I took a bite and looked at her. I think both of us are having the same thoughts: nothing special about it. The feelings were bland, the bread was slight oily.

IMG_1130

We ate the Pork Chop (RM10), again we kinda agreed with each other: so-so. The brown sauce was bland, and kinda diluted. Although the pork was soft, it still doesnt justify the price tag.

IMG_1131

The dry beef noodles: you can get better one else where.

Feeling really not satisfied, and since they are famous for their kaya roll (which was sold out as well), we ordered the Toast (RM2.40) just to try out the kaya. The kaya was not bad though, not too sweet, just nice. Both of us bought a can of kaya each (RM4).

IMG_1134

The service was excellent! The foreign staffs were very very attentive, on par with some higher class restaurant. I even asked a staff what is inside the box where a lot of people tabao-ing. He has patience to explain to me it is butter cake, the price as well as they are famous for kaya roll etc.

Besides the service given, I couldnt not find any other compliments for Yut Kee. I think it is an over-rated shop. For a person who prefer heavy taste like me, dont find it nice, while for a person who prefer lighter taste like PY, dont find it nice either.

If you were to ask me to drive all the way down here to eat the pork chop or roti babi again, I wouldnt want to. Both of us are quite disappointed. Maybe we will try the sambal belacan fried rice, which again a lot of people say it is nice.

I think I am gonna get lots of haters for writing this post. But man, it is just my personal opinion.

Restaurant Yut Kee
35 Jalan Dang Wangi
Tel. 03-2698-8108.
Opens from 8am-5pm daily, closed Mondays and last Sunday of the month.

Tiny ratings:
Food: 6/10
Ambiance: 5.5/10
Service: 8/10

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages