Sunday, October 10, 2010

Yu Ai - SS2

PY was super eager to try out this curry noodles after reading from a blogger's blog. She wanted to go to segambut for this but I said they have a branch in SS2, which is very near to our location. On one fine day, both of us went there for lunch.

I have known the existence of Yu Ai ages ago but I have only tried once few years ago because I am not a fan of curry noodles and seafood that time. That time it was priced at RM13 for small bowl and RM15 for big. Now, they have increased it to RM15 for small and RM17 for big. Pricey to eat I can say, but once in while, never mind la.

You can choose the ingredients that you want, if not they will just give everything to you i.e sotong, clams, prawns, mussels and fish slices. My bowl of curry noodles look simple coz I exlcuded the clams and mussels.

P9103968

The curry soup was really thick and the ingredients were super duper a lot! 5 big prawns without the shell and lots of sotong. The fish slices were very fresh too. The curry was not that spicy but it was rich and creamy. PY said it was nice but nothing comparable to her hometown curry noodles (I have yet to try). At least it was good though that she didnt complain about it coz she is very very fussy with curry noodles or tomyam noodles.

Speaking of tomyam noodles, Yu Ai offers it too! We didnt try it that day, but one week later, I went back to Yu Ai with boyboy coz his turn to request that he wanted to eat curry noodles. So this time, I risked my stomach and ordered tomyam (PY, make sure you read this sentence ya coz you asked me to experiment).

I took a sip of the soup, it tasted slightly sour and a hint of lemony taste. Erm, not the typical tomyam broth that I tasted in the steamboat stall and Cozy Corner. This was darker in color. Still eatable though.

P9194002

I mentioned to PY about it and she said the lemony taste tomyam is what she had been looking for in PJ. So she excitedly went and try few days later but she said it was not on par to her standard. Hm... different people different taste I assume.

By the way, you can order curry mix with tomyam broth in Yu Ai. I dont wanna risk my stomach for that version le. PY, you go eat and tell me.


Restoran Yu Ai
58, SS2/10,
47300 Petaling Jaya
(Same row as Original Kayu Nasi Kandar in Chow Yang)


Tiny ratings:
Deliciousness: 7/10
Ambience: 5/10
Service: 7/10

1 comment:

Phuiyee said...

I makan already before you post this. Not nice...That's my comment. Sekian, terima kasih.

Nuffnang

Pages