Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sri Paandi Banana Leaf Rice - Section 11

After a massage session (chinese traditional tui na), it was already 9pm. So, we went to nearby Sri Paandi for banana leaf rice. It has been years since I come to this restaurant (the last time I came was with my ex-colleagues during lunch) and I love the tosai masala here.


That day I was craving for banana leaf rice. Once I seated down, I got lots of stares from the customers nearby. I think it was because I just finish my 'kap kun' (the round round bottle thingy sux to yr body and leave red purple mark on my shoulder and back) and I was wearing sleeveless. But who the heck cares, I didnt bother them.


We were served with huge amount of rice, 4 vege dishes and papadom. I like the curry lady fingers, cabbage and bittergout. The cucumber dish tasted sour. After that, I poured lots of curries on my rice, love my rice wet.

P8223817

We ordered a plate of fried chicken and this was dem good. The coating was very tasty and crunchy. This chicken tasted much better than another famous banana leaf rice in ss2 (located uphill).

P8223818

What a satisfying and full meal.



I have another banana leaf rice on the top of my list (the one in Bangsar) which Azzah has recommended me. After the first time she brought me there, I am addicted to it ever since. I didnt go back because it is very difficult to find parking. After that day out with Nicole in Bangsar, I found out that I can park my car in BVII and walk over to this restaurant. That's my strategy.



Sri Paandi
Jalan Dato Mahmud 11/4
Off Jalan Universiti, PJ


Tiny Ratings:
Deliciousness: 6.5/10
Service: 6/10
Ambience: 5/10

1 comment:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wah! banana leaf rice!!! shit this 1 i think cannot find in melbourne la.

Nuffnang

Pages