Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mai Ramen Cafe - Jaya One

Went to Jaya One for lunch at 2pm on a Sunday, we sat in The Bee thought of dining some western food (some blogger blogged about it before), but the waitress said they only served food from the brunch menu. So when we take a look at the menu, only less than 10 items, it was mostly sausage, egg, sandwich, some breakfast options. They refer this as Brunch ar?? The prices are not cheap also. Disappointed, we went out from the restaurant.

Walked, walked and walked, and we saw this new opening, Mai Ramen. We went in and gave it a try.

Ton Katsu Ramen set (RM23.90). The ramen was so-so. The only thing I cannot tahan is the smell of the pork slices, the smell was so strong to the extent that I feel like vomitting when I look at it. Scare Boy boy says that I waste food, so I finished 3/4 of the bowl, tahan-ing the empoweing of pork smell.

P8213793

The set comes with 3 pieces of gyoza, salad and a piece of chicken katsu. The gyoza was so-so, nothing special.

P8213792

The chicken katsu was very very dry, even the mayo dipping has no taste. I tabao 2/3 of it.

P8213794

Saba Yaki Bento Set (RM27.90). I took a bit of the grilled fish, but it has fishy taste. To boy boy, it was acceptable, but I just cant stand a tint of fishy taste. Sashimi was satisfying, big pieces too.

P8213795

Boy boy's set came with miso soup and chawanmushi.

P8213796

The price was consider economic but I dont think they can survive with the quality of ramen they served. Since you are naming your restaurant with a 'ramen' word, I am expecting that your ramen is really really delicious, but sadly, it wasnt.

Mai Ramen Cafe
13-G, Block D, Jaya One.
Tel: 7957 6689

Tiny Ratings:
Deliciousness: 5/10
Ambience: 6/10
Service: 6/10


No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages