Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tiny Thoughts # 16

I always ask Boy boy when he wants to marry me. Over the years, his answer varies. Recently, he has stick to one answer, ‘when you know how to cook then I will marry you’.

“I will learn to cook AFTER I marry u”.
“Cannot, I don’t want to be the guinea pig”

More overboard he will add on, “you don’t know how to do housework, mop the floor, tidy the house etc. I don’t wanna marry you”.

Ok, now I know: He wants to marry a MAID.

There was this time last week when we hang out with my colleagues, one of them, R (a married lady with 2 kids) told me this when I told her that my bf said the above things:

“Tell your bf that marriage means sharing life together, not to become a maid. The husband is working, the wife is also working, why the wife has to cook?”

Oooo…. ‘sharing life’. What a good description for marriage.

She also mentioned that don’t expect the guy will change his attitude after marriage. He is the same guy before and after marriage. For example, if he is a smoker, don’t expect him to quit smoking after marriage.

So, the same goes the other way ma. If I don’t know how to cook, don’t expect me to cook everyday lor. Me is still me after marriage.

Come to think of it, no wonder Boy boy don’t wanna marry me coz he knows that I will not change after getting married and he can’t have nice home-cooked meal. Opps!

2 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

Thus the saying; boys will always be boys!

siewmun said...

Joe: I agreed.

Nuffnang

Pages