Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tiny Thoughts # 16

Last night didnt sleep well... keep on thinking of my US Visa application. Yup, I am going to US in March. Short trip. No time to go shopping, so dont bother tumpang me to buy anything. Joking only la...will try to but cannot guarantee can buy lor. Will buy for myself first. Hahaha....

I booked my interview slot on this Thursday morning and I am nervous like hell since yesterday. People said if it is for business trip, it should be no problem. But I really scare hor...what if I am one in a million that kena whacked like mad??? What if I couldnt answer their questions??? what if I failed my interview? Dem malu u know. Sigh....

The main issue that is bothering me right now is the visa photo. I went and took my photo for visa application and I have forgotten to ask the boss to 'not' photoshop my face. Coz the last time my dad took a passport photo, this fella went and photoshop my dad kao kao until so fair and wrinkle-less. The immigration department reject his photo and ask him to take another photo.

My dad went back and complain and that fella dare say hor, "other people are ok what!". What the heck do you mean other people??? My dad not other people ar? you think we so free to go back to your shop and complain to you that the photo is not usable is it? Dem sui you know. So I scare this case might happen on me.

When I took the photo on Monday night, it was obvious that he photoshop all my freckles and pimples on my face. Well, it still looks like me but I scare the embassy couldnt scan my photo. If they reject my application before the interview, then it is not worth the time and hassle you know.

So, my strategy is to fork out another RM20 (freaking expensive! it is like RM5 per photo and the photo shop has to develop 4 photos in a go, no single photo) myself and go to the recommended photo shop in Ampang Park (I read the guide on Monday and I took the photo on Sunday, no turning back) as a backup, just in case. Settled.

Besides the visa application, I kept on thinking how am I going to spend time in the 20hr long journey, in other words, how to survive in the plane for 20 hrs for a person who is air-sick??? Thinking of buying a netbook so that I can watch some Hong Kong series. But netbook battery can only tahan ~ 5 hours. What do I after that?? Read novel will make me more dizzy.

What if the plane did not show any nice movies?? Can I request them to show Avatar?? I can keep on watching Avatar for 1 day. If they show Titanic, I will vomit blood. You might be thinking that I am a bit siao of accepting this offer since I have so many concerns .But it is once in a lifetime (or maybe not a lifetime la) opportunity, take first then think later. correct??

Havent talk about jetlag issue lei... etc. never ending worries.

Going for interview on Thursday. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

phuiyee said...

Mannn! you really got lots of issues to concern. *faint*..Just go, dont think so much. Do whatever you can while you're on board, eat and sleep as much as you can. I never see people like you before, think so much just for the sake of going US. Hahahaha..But, going without mate is a bit kesian. I will chat with you by the time you are in US.

maro^gal said...

eh... at this moment while i still dono why you going US for... i will ask you dont go la... after reading all ur ''concerns''..
ahahhaaa why so ma farn geh... ur concerns are not concerns at all weiiii

hmmmm you can sleep in the plane... a few movies to watch la.. all latest wan... no titanic la.. got games also.. music... bring ipod la... buy a netbook for the sick of watching movie on plane is ridiculous.. unless u say the netbook for convenient when you in US...

siewmun said...

Phui Yee: Sigh, travel alone for a far distance is a bit kesian. U promised me that u online to chat with me ya.

Marogal: Is for business trip la, company sending me there for 6 days. I tak ada ipod... netbook buy for me to chat with u in USA ma... then i can update my blog while I am in US. Hahaha. Make sure u online to chat with me wor.

phuiyee said...

marogal: you have a very good and sound suggestion to her. I think i must also brain wash her to drop the US trip la since she got so many ridiculous concerns. Hahahaha...

Smun: okok, chat with you. No problem. :)

siewmun said...

I wont drop the US trip ok. I die die also must go US. HM!

Nuffnang

Pages