Sunday, September 13, 2009

Restoran Hua Xing - Sungai Way

Nikky and suyin came to find us for dinner after watching Gamer in Sunway Pyramid. They said by the time the movie finishes, it was 7pm and all restaurants were full. So, I suggested to go to this place which I have been dying to try out but always forget about it when people ask me where to eat.


Hokkien braised pork (the lady boss called Dong Bo Yuk). There was generous amount of pork but it was not really soft lor. Nikky said he still prefer Esquire Kitchen's version and I agreed with him.



This dish was served with alkaline kuih (Gan Sui Gou). What is special about the Dong Bo Yuk is that you have to dip with this alkaline kuih. I have no idea what is this for, to me, it just tasted nothing spectacular also. I saw a table beside us pour half of the kuih into the claypot and stirred stirred stirred. Maybe that's the way to eat this instead of us dipping the kuih one by one?

Curry chicken. We wanted to order Curry Chicken wrapped with bread, but the lady boss said sold out, but later we see they serve to people that came later than us, maybe they reserved earlier gua. This dish was so so only, nothing to shout about, I still prefer MCX's Curry Prawn. But I think this dish will taste differently if order with the bread version. Hmm, must go back try again.

Fried tapioca flour noodles with minced meat. This version was better than Sentul Ah Yap but it still doesnt suit my taste bud. I think I prefer Hokkien better. Next time will come back and try the bitter gout Hokkien mee.

Fried brinjal with garlic bits. This dish tasted superbly good! It was really delicious, not oily and not overly salty. You can eat it without rice too. It has some tint of sugar in it. Love the garlic bits. The next time I come, I must order BIG portion instead of this small one. Totally not enough to eat. It was sooo nice until Suyin takeaway for her family.


The total bill was RM69 (include a takeaway of brinjals by suyin). I definately will come back and try their other dishes. But please make reservation before you come, the restaurant is packed during dinner time and reserve the Curry Chicken with bread too!

Restoran Hua Xing
No. 1-12, 1st FloorPlaza Seri Setia,
Jalan SS9/2Seri Setia, Sungai Way,
Petaling Jaya
Tel: 016-376 7477/03-78763288
(The building near Sungai Way market).

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages