Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Little Dim Sum Place - SS2

I has been to this place once and that was like 1 - 2 years ago and I think the food was ok but boy boy thought that it was nothing special. Struggling for what to have lunch again, I just wanna visit this place again to see whether this is any improvement or any new addition to their menu.



As the restaurant name indicates, it serves dim sum and their prices are like the air-con restaurant prices ie. more expensive than the key way (the one that my family always have dim sum) and cheaper than the high class chinese restaurant (not the hotel type). The added advantages of this place is that they will only steam the dim sum upon ordering, which means fresh.


They added on a few extra items on their menu ie. a few more variety of dim sums and some rice or noodles meals. Plus, they have some promotions on a few dim sums with slightly cheaper price, RM1 or RM1.50 cheaper than normal.


Sunshine Bun (RM3.50). This is called 'Lau Sa Pao'. I was never a fan of this, instead, I have never try this before until PY introduced it when we had lunch at Shanghai 10. I so wanna try this again. The bun was not too soft and not too hard, just nice. The egg yolk melted in it was a bit coarse in texture (I assume it suppose to be like that because of egg yolk right?). I dont eat egg yolk often but I find this rather good.

Prawn dumplings (RM3.80). One of the promotion items. With that price, I got a whole lot of prawns in the dumplings. The cheaper version of dim sum has 80% of pork and 20% of prawns only. But this has 80% of prawns and 20% of pork. That's why it is called PRAWN dumpling right.

Sharkfin dumplings (RM2.80), another promotion item. It has huge prawns in it too. Not bad not bad.



Deep fried yam puff (RM3.80). Started cravings for yum puff, that was why I ordered this. Erm, it was not nice actually. The skin was not up to standard. I still very much prefer Key Way version. Struggling to finish this plate as they served 3 pieces per plate. I dont like it, but I have to finish it.


Porridge with century egg (RM2.70). Normal.


Vietnamese crispy fried rice (RM6.50). I scare that boy boy might not be full by just eating dim sum for lunch, so he ordered a rice dish. To me, this dish was not bad and they have some crispy things with it (I have no idea what they were).



After the lunch, boy boy still gave the same comments as 1 - 2 years ago. Nothing special. BUT, he said he will come back and try the durian pancake. Durian pancake is served after 3pm on weekends and after 6pm on weekdays.


A Little Dim Sum Place
12, Jalan SS2/63,
47300 Petaling Jaya.
(same row as KTZ)

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages