Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hanazen Japanese Restaurant - Jaya One

didBoy boy felt like eating Japanese food that night, so we went to try out this Hanazen in Jaya One. At first we wanna go and eat Sushi Zanmai in One Utama, but it was like 9.15pm. When we reach there, we scare that Zanmai wanna close already.


Once we step into this Hanazen, straight away I felt that it was the same class of Japanese restaurant as Rakuzen and higher class than Sushi Tomo.

Tempura Ramen (RM22). Once my ramen was served, I look at it and smell it, my appetite was turned down straight away. I am a fan of udon / ramen but I have no idea why this bowl of ramen smell so funny wei. I tasted the soup and it was slightly on the bland side. Then I asked boy boy what is the round round biji biji thingy in the soup. Then he said most probably they are olives. Then I was like, "Oh....no wonder it smell weird". I tried my best to finish the ramen but I couldnt, it was just the worst ramen I have ever tasted, due to the olives (super dislike olives).


The ramen was served with 2 prawn, lady finger, brinjal, and carrot tempuras. The prawn tempura was really huge! That was the first time I had such a huge tempura. However, once I bite the first bite, it has some weird smell (again!). Then I passed it to boy boy, and he said this is the smell of 'air tawar' (what you call this in English?). I think that that night I really was having sensitive nose le.

Chicken Teppanyaki and Sashimi Set (RM42). This set came with massive amount of food lei. The chicken teppanyaki was really crispy, you have the choice of mixing the garlic or dipping it with their special sauce. I did both! It was really really good! After taking the first piece, I kept on taking the chicken and abandoned my ramen. Hehe. The miso soup was not my cup of tea.

7 pieces of sashimi. It was really thick and fresh.
Hanazen

43-G, Block C, Jaya One,

72A, Jalan Universiti,

46200 Petaling Jaya.

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages