Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sushi Tei - Tropicana Mall

Before we watch Ice Age (Ya, I know this is a bit outdated post), we went to eat Sushi Tei (is it called Sushi Tei, I have forgotten the name and the receipt doesnt have the restaurant name!). Since the concept is so similar to Sushi Zanmai (even the menu looks similar!), I have no choice but to compare its standard to SZ (which boy boy and I love to eat).


Soft Shell Crab Maki (RM6). The sushi was ok but the soft shell crab was not so crispy. Sushi Zanmai's version is much better.

Baby Octopus (RM6). The taste was good but the amount was too little (Zanmai serves more pieces).

Nabeyaki Udon (RM15.80). Now, this is the one that highly recommended by the food bloggers. Indeed, it was really flavourful and the soup was sweet (just nice), and this one is one dish the SZ couldnt compete. The udon were really good, except the prawn tempura was soggy when it reached my table. Boy boy said the soup was good too! We finished the whole bowl of soup.

Salmon Ikura Don (RM11.80). The salmon were fresh.

I will come back to this restaurant to try out other dishes since now I started to crave for Japanese food again.


Tropicana City Mall
Lot G-16, Ground Floor,
Jalan SS20/27,
47400 Petaling Jaya.

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages