Sunday, August 16, 2009

Okuchi Japanese Restaurant - Dataran Sunway

Had a gathering with Sharon and Jackie. Round n round Dataran Sunway and decided to try out this Japanese restaurant. According to Sharon, this is the one and only Japanese restaurant in this area.

We went in at 1.34pm and there was only one table occupied. We were served a small bowl of appetizer each. It was marinated potatoes, carrot and some chicken. The marination was so flavourful wei, tasted really good. Too bad, it was just a small bowl, I can eat 3 bowls of it!

Nabeyaki Udon (RM19). Nowadays, I am so into Nabeyaki Udon since I first ate in Sushi Tei in Tropicana Mall. The claypot was a bit small, resulted in a lesser soup. I drank the whole bowl but felt that it was not enough for me. The taste was ok ok only, I still prefer the one in Sushi Tei.
Sharon ordered a set that comes with soba with beef, sushi roll, miso soup, and fruits. Of coz she finished the whole set herself coz she is eating for two!



Jackie ordered soba as well (RM18). I think this restaurant likes to put lots of seaweed in their dishes le. Too much of it will make the soup have one kind of smell le.

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages