Monday, June 1, 2009

Fun Taipei - SS2

When we went for food hunting in SS2, we passed by this newly opened cafe called Fun Taipei and it was quite packed. So we decided to try out this on Saturday night for dinner. The interior design is simple and there is a lot of ample space and seats available for big group and couple.


When we entered the restaurant, we were greeted by the staffs, "Huan Ying Guang Lin" (Welcome). They staffs were all friendly and responsive. They offers around 10 set meals ranging from Sam Bui Kai to fried chicken chop. Lots of varieties on the drinks and a few options of "siu sek" (appetizer).


I didnt bring my camera as I went to Petaling Street in the morning, dont wanna bring so many things. So the following photos were taken by boy boy's HTC Touch phone.



Eden Fruit Milk Tea (RM6 for 600ml), free bubble pearls (normally is additional RM1) due to their grand opening month. I have no idea what is an Eden Fruit, the mandarin translation on the receipt also dont make sense --> Yi Mian Jin Guo. Boy boy was the one ordered the drink, it tasted not bad, similar taste as honey dew.


But hor, I wanna complain on the fat straw that they give, it was not long enough to suck the bubble pearls up from the bottom of the tall glass. I put the straw near my mouth, the end of the straw was like 1.5 inch away from the pearls. =.="
Minced Meat Rice Set (RM9.95). As I super love Taiwanese Lu Rou Fan, I ordered this set.

The Lu Rou was not taste-ful enough, it lacked of some omph compared to Foong Lye (Mid Valley) and Koochi (Penang). The whole set of dishes were nothing to shout about.



Oyster Mee Sua (RM6.50). Boy boy ordered this. I took a few spoonful and I still find Shi Lin version tasted much better.

Taiwan Sausage (RM6). The moment I took a piece, it was unstoppable already. The sausage was marinated with 'something' (their secret recipe?) and it has the omph! I almost finish 3/4 of it and left 1/4 for boy boy. Hahaha, coz it was super nice! despite a bit expensive.

The price actually is on the high side for this type of food quality. It was just normal overall, maybe I didnt ordered their signature Sam Pui Kai.

Fun Taipei Teacafe
9, Jalan SS2/64,
47301 Petaling Jaya.
Tel: 78772555

(Same row as SS2 Pelita and Guardian).

1 comment:

maro^gal said...

eeeee... when open wan?? where where ?? how come i din notice???... hmmmm further down to guardian wan ar??...

hahhaaa ss2 food eat till i very sien dy..!!! waiting for new food... got set lunch mo??...

its a taiwan restaurant.. why u translate the food to canto geh.. lolz

Nuffnang

Pages