Monday, March 9, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I think I am the one in Oscar frenzy mood. Now is Slumdog Millionaire's turn. Being strongly recommended by my bro, who watched this movie on his laptop, my mum, me and my bro (yup, he watched the movie with us in the cinema) went to GSC One Utama.


Picture credited to www.wikipedia.com



Slumdog Millionaire talks about how Jamal got the correct answers in "Who wants to be a Millionaire" game show in India, which is based on his experience since he was young. Every questions were linked to his life experience at certain stage. He can answer who is the figure on USD100 but he couldnt answer who is the figure on 1000 rupees (which is Gandhi).


How Danny Boyle directed the show was fantastic! It was an eye-opening experience for me to watch how the rich is very very rich, and how the poors are very very poor in India. The gangsterism, the poverty, the slums, etc.


It was sad to see how the 'organization' adopts homeless kids and teached them how to beg from people. A scene that disturbed me was the one that the guy uses super hot liquid and melted the kid's eyes as 'Blind singer earns double' when begging. Argh! How cruel....


Oh ya, and the kid who acted as young Jamal was super cute! Especially the scene where he dropped into a pile of shit in order to get Amitabh Bachchan's autograph.


Slumdog Millionaire is a really must-watch movie for this year. After you watch it, you will know why they have a clean sweep in the Oscar.

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages