Monday, February 23, 2009

Yuen Garden Dum Sum House - Puchong

Based on Nikky's taste on dim sum, who said this restaurant served nice prawn dumplings, the whole HoChiak team (Nikky, suyin, Calvin, Annie, my bro, Scott, me and our new member, baby Ning Ning) went out to venture for food again!


2-storey corner shop lot, but we were seated at the ground floor.


The famous plus strongly recommended by Nikky - Prawn dumpling. I think we took four basket of this. Indeed, it was filled with prawns and the skin was just nice, not too thick and not too thin.


Siu Mai. so-so only as I felt the meat was too rough coz they squeezed the meat too much already.


Chee Cheong Fun. With the black and white sesame instead of the usual fried onion, it tasted nice.

Fried Prawn dumpling. The pastry was very crunchy and the inner was filled with prawns. My bro who super love fried prawn dumpling said this tasted delicious.


Wu Kok.

Soya sauce prawn dumpling.

Pork ribs. Tasted so so only, I have tasted better else where.


Fish ball.


I dont know what is this called, but actually it tasted not bad wo.


Char Siew Sou.

Fried Carrot Cake. A tad too oily to my liking.

Siu Long Bao. Look at what was beneath the siu long bao. A small cup. Swt. Maybe to help you scoop the soup if pecah? or to hold on to the siu long bao so that it wont pecah? The cup made it so hard to eat. Scott took the first one, he ate the whole thing and almost burned his tongue. My bro was the second one, broke a tiny hole, drank the soup then eat the biji thingy. Third, Nikky squeezed out the siu long bao and ate the whole thing. So Nikky's way of eating looked sensible to Annie, so she used Nikky's way also. I too used Nikky's way.


We took 10 x RM3 dim sum, 4 x RM5 dim sum, 1 x RM2.50 chee cheong fun, 5 x RM0.50 tea. Total bill was RM60. Based on my previous posts on dim sums (Key Way and Phoon Kee), this dim sum event was totally below par in the presence of Nikky and Scott. I think they couldnt take many dim sum as our table is small and a few baskets already filled up our table. So they resisted to take further? So next time, we better go for the ones that serves dim sum in a small sauce plates.


Baby Ning Ning in a jolly mood.



Yuen Garden Dim Sum House
Jalan Kenari 18,
Bandar Puchong Jaya.
Tel: 80763818

1 comment:

maro^gal said...

hahhaa my dear.... u scared me when i read ur title.. why dum sum???? hahhaa hit ur chest??

nice place.... puchong actually has many nice restaurant.. but bit far to explore... hehhee

Nuffnang

Pages