Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tiny Thoughts # 6

My mum broke the news on my cousin Yen is getting married. For the past few days, the topics between my mum and my gucheh were 'Marriage' 'Marriage' and 'Marriage'. Even my grandma came beside me while I was having my dinner, 'Ah Mun, yen is getting married wo, when is your turn?'. Erm, 'Mah mah, not so fast yet la.'


During dinner time, my mum asked, 'Is Scott planning for a marriage?'. That questions shocked the spirit out of my body! My mum never ask me this sort of question regarding marriage before. We only talked about people's wedding and not my wedding. Omg, is that a good sign or a bad sign?


I hesitated, then I answered, 'maybe 2-3 years time'. Then she said, 'I am not talking about you, who wanted to get married eagerly, I am talking about scott whether he has any planning or not?'. That stunned me. I was struggling for words as I know for the fact that scott is not planning anything.


My mum statement hit hard on my head and she woke me up from my dream.


All along, I was the only one who wanted to get married at the age of 28.

All along, I was the only one that wanted to have a baby before 30 years old.

All along, I was the only one who got really excited when I was attending a wedding dinner.

All along, I was the only one who is interested in wedding potraits.

All along, I was the only one who wanted a wedding!


My mum saw through me. She continued, 'Are both of you saving money for the marriage?'. I struggled for words. She continued again, 'Marriage is not as simple as you think. Being someone else daughter is thousand times better than being someone else wife'.


'Your dad and I just want you to get someone who can give you a lifestyle better than what daddy gives you'. Awww......I am speechless. Nothing to fight back.


No one can guarantee what will happen in the future.

Even though a guy that treats me good now, doesnt mean that he will not hit me in the future.

Even though a guy who can gives me tons of money or house or car or clothes, doesnt mean that he will love me in the future.

Even though a guy who doesnt have tons of money, doesnt mean that he wont be rich in the future.

Even though a guy who does not plan, doesnt mean that he dont wanna marry me. Right?

8 comments:

maro^gal said...

hmmmm your mum is right.... you are not wrong too....
it depends on both side and individuals..

HAHhaa your mum knows u too well '''Then she said, 'I am not talking about you, who wanted to get married eagerly, I am talking about scott whether he has any planning or not?'. '' lolz

btw... i really wondering whether scott is reading your blog or not???

i think ur ''eager'' is too obvious dy right?? he dont even realize or think of it???... hehee

Nikky said...

"Marriage is not as simple as you think. Being someone else daughter is thousand times better than being someone else wife" quote of the Lifetime. Totally agree with what your mum said ! Freedom !!!!!

Calvin said...

Renji-Kun, what is your comment on SM tiny thought #7?

siewmun said...

Marogal, scott reads my blog once a week le...he posed as Abarai Renji, or Renji-kun or Abarai-kun. Hehe....

maro^gal said...

ooo icic.... hahhaa so weird the name... sounds like indian name... lolz....

Renji-kun said...

Calvin: wat i can say is SM got good imagination. That's y she is a good blogger. =P I think most of you also like to read tiny tot rather than her food blog rite?

Annie said...

"tiny tots" made her blog unique compare to others blogger's bllog ma :-P

Calvin said...

haha...good imagination meh. is time for her to imagine la. not young anymore.

Nuffnang

Pages