Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Penang Trip

Sorry guys for not posting for the past 3 days as I was away in Penang for Business Trip. Nope, I am not reviewing on a restaurant at this post but I couldnt resist not posting these interesting pieces up. Now, let's get started!


My client brought us to have lunch in Bukit Tambun, Prawn Village Restaurant. This restaurant is located at the river side. Nice windy environment. Plus no smelly smell from the river at all! Suprisingly.



When the food arrived, I only took pictures of the interesting dishes as I paiseh to take all the dishes in front of client. Hahaha. The first dish was this farnie looking thing, where they call it spiral clams ('xuan luo' in mandarin). I was staring at it for quite some time. Then my client took the toothpick and one clam, said "let me show you how to eat". Dem malu la. 100% city gal wei. Really dont know how to eat ma.

When I took the first one, I kept on poking my toothpick inside but still couldnt get hold of it. After like 5 minutes, my client said, "if cannot take out then never mind, take another one, some they hide very deep one". Malunya! After that, I took a few, not bad wo, no fishy smell and taste. Plus the chilli sauce, very good indeed. First time eating this type of 'thing'. Haha.


Bamboo Prawns. The prawns were very big and fresh as the shell was removed easily using fork and spoon. The sauce also not too bad. I like this dish as well. In this picture, you can catch a glimpse of the Lala (very tasty) and stir fried scallop (left hand corner). I always love scallops, and the scallops served here were dem big piece. Wow!


Black Pepper Flower Crab. Fuiyo, the look already can kill! The black pepper tasted superbly pepperish (Knowing me, who is a pepper lover). However, the crab was a bit da meatless. Difficult to eat. Every time I broke open the shell (the shell was very soft until I can break it with my teeth), trying to scrap for meat, but ended up with disappointment. Hehe.



Jeng Jeng Jeng! Cant go Tenji Restaurant and take palm size oyster, but I got to eat palm size oyster here in Penang! My client took the biggest one and gave it to me. From the look of it, it looks like Pizza Oyster. Hahaha. Luckily they didnt order the fresh ones, as I have difficulty eating raw fresh oyster (even for a small piece of raw oyster, I have to forcefully swallow it). This oyster served was very juicy, and not smelly at all, very fresh. The topings tasted like pizza topings indeed.


I enjoyed the food whole-heartedly. Thanks to my client.

********
********

I bought this Qing Tang Beng for Annie as she specifically requested this from Ghee Heang. Since she said very tasty, I was curious on it and I bought another box for myself. Yet to eat it, but Annie commented very nice, not super sweet and the inner part not so sticky, just ngam ngam nice.


Then, I bought Beh Teh Saw. Yet to taste it also.



I have reserved a few pieces for myself and my family, the extra I have given it to boy boy.

1 comment:

Phui Yee said...

i miss spiral clams with sambal belacan..Hardly see ppl selling in kl, but easily can find them in penang hawker stall..sigh~ Must go penang ady..

Nuffnang

Pages