Wednesday, December 3, 2008

1960s - 1970s dresses

Audrey Hepburn My Fair Lady style?

picture credited to www.wikepedia.com


The laciness is too much for me plus the exaggerated handbag and hat!

Victorian Style?

Picture credited to www.alldressesforms.com


Nope...too old...it belongs to 1880s....but I love laces and ruffles though.


60s rock queen style?

Picture credited to http://www.hollywoodcostumesandparty.com/

Too elvis-look-alike....


Mod dressing? twiggy's era.

Picture credited to www.holywoodcostumesandplay.com


Might consider .... love the boots though...


How about Hairspray style? The scene is set at 1960s.

Picture credited to www.wikepedia.com

Erm... quite bombastic hair style...lol.

3-piece Go-go Style?

Picture credited to www.holywoodcostumesandparty.com

No way! Dont have the body to flaunt this piece.



Why not Beetles' style instead? Buy a suit and a wig!



Cross-dressing??....nonononono.....



After all the internet searching, finally I am happy with ........


BOHEMIAN GO-GO STYLE~!!!!

Picture credited to www.costumebypartyprops.com




Picture credited to www.hollywoodcostumesandparty.com



Yup, you guess it right! My company annual dinner theme is "sixties and seventies".


Now I know what style I want, so my checklist for the costume:

- dress (the most important part of the costume!)
- boots
- hairband / hat
- earrings
- gloves
- leggings
- retro belt (maybe)


Did I miss out anything? My budget for the whole costume (inclusive of the accessories to compliment the look) is RM100. Let's see whether I can buy everything with that budget. Cant wait to go to Sg Wang tomorrow after work with PY to hunt for our dinner costume.
Good luck to me!

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages