Sunday, November 9, 2008

King Crab

My family went to Restaurant King Crab for lunch with Jojo's family, Fun Yee and husband (who are back from Australia) and my grandma.

We ordered Ying Yong Kai Lan. I was surprised that Jojo and her mum, Fun Yee and her husband never seen this dish before. They gave a very weird look when the dish arrived. The fried small pieces of kailan was very nice but the big piece of kailan tasted ordinary.

My bro ordered this high-cholesterol dish --> Salted Egg Squid. This dish was a tad oily but the taste was very very nice. It was not salty at all with a bit of sweetness with it.

I dont know what is this dish called (coz my mum and jojo's mum ordered), maybe is 2-style chicken? I named it 2 styles because this boneless chicken was embedded on top of fish paste. The bottom part was coated with sesame (Jojo dont like the sesame). This dish was ok.

Fried fish with sweet and sour sauce. This fish was fresh and does not have the fishy smell. The sauce was nice. I havent got time to take the whole fish picture, coz the waiter came too fast to dissect the fish!
How can we say we went to King Crab without ordering their famous crabs! We ordered Sour and Spicy Crab. The sauce tasted superb especially when you dip with the fried mantao.
The bill came to RM280 for the 10 of us. Last time their crab was charged RM38 per kg but now they increased the price to RM43 per kg since the beginning of this year. Despite the price increase, this is a good place to have good dinner with family or friends.

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages