Friday, November 7, 2008

Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil

I have been looking for a good makeup remover for quite some time now. Previously I had tried oil-type, cream type, and milk type. Sigh, couldnt find a good one. Decided to tryout Clinique. There are 2 types available, Milk and Oil. I decided to take the Cleansing Oil as I am under the impression of cleansing oil removes makeup better.

Bought this for RM105/200ml. At first, I asked about the instruction of using this product, but suprisingly I heard 2 different types of feedbacks from 2 different Clinique Counter:

(i) Parkson KLCC: Apply cleansing oil, then massage then wash with water.
(ii) Parkson 1U: Apply cleansing oil, wipe off the oil with cotton, then wash with water.

Eh??? As a consumer, which one do you believe? I know that oil and water does not mix, theorectically. If I dont wipe off the oil with cotton / tissue, the face will stick with oil. For me, I would prefer instruction (ii). So, to confirm, I read the instruction on the packaging. It states that "Apply to dry face with fingertips and gently massage, rinse". Ohhhh....so the instruction (i) is true. So I wonder how clinique trains their salesperson, not standard one. But no doubt the salesman (ya, was a HE who served me) in Parkson 1U are much more friendly than the one in KLCC (she was so sombong).

Ok, back to the review of this product. As you can see from the picture, I have only use a few times. It managed to cleanse off my day makeup (light powder foundation). It does not leave any sticky feelings on your face and is not oily at all! So I would say this product not bad.

However, I was wondering if I were to remove thick makeup (cream foundation + concealer + loose powder), does this cleanse well? Normally I have to remove it twice or thrice. But with this type of instruction, I have to massage with oil --> rinse --> let it dry --> massage with oil again --> rinse --> then cleanse with a cleanser. A bit troublesome right? Another drawback is that this product cannot be used to remove eye makeup.

Other than that, I have no problem with this product.

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages