Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rainbow Spotting

Yesterday while my family and I are on the way to my grandma's house, the weather was very dark and a bit of thunder a bit of lighting a bit of rain....wanna rain dont wanna rain like that....
Suddenly my mum spotted a rainbow and my dad spotted a second one! is a DOUBLE RAINBOW! It was captured using my handphone which is 2 mega pixel....not bad la...

Can you see it?


Second angle.

When I googled search for rainbow, wikipedia provides the following explanation:

"A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the sun shines onto droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. Morer rarely, a secondary rainbow is seen which is fainter with colors in the opposite order"

Is seeing a double rainbow a good or bad sign? There are a lot of myths from different countries about a rainbow. My dad said when there is a rainbow, there will be no rain. Not exactly true though, it did rain a bit after that incident.

Anyway, I feel happy whenever I see a rainbow, moreover is a double rainbow! I will take it as a good sign.

No comments:

Nuffnang

Pages